01 Sep Grow and Learn Together – 0 to 6 months
Here at Little Kingdom we love caring for young children and seeing them grow and develop. Each milestone is a special moment for all of us! To support your understanding of your child’s development and in conjunction with the Raising Children network we’ll share some insightful videos. This video details the importance of engaging with your newborn. Enjoy!
Things to remember
- Responding to your baby’s needs in a warm, gentle and loving way helps his physical growth and brain development.
- Picking your baby up, cuddling her and talking to her in a soothing voice helps her feel secure and loved.
- At this age, the best toy for your baby is you.
Play tips 0-6 months
Here are some fun play ideas for you and your baby at this age:
- Tummy time: this builds your baby’s head, neck and upper body strength. Your baby needs this strength for other movements like lifting his head, crawling and pulling up to stand. Try to get down to your baby’s level as he does tummy time. If your baby doesn’t like lying on the floor, try lying on the floor and putting him on your chest.
- Smiling: when your baby sees you smile, it releases chemicals in her body. This makes her feel good – and the chemicals also help her brain grow and build more connections.
- Peekaboo: playing peekaboo helps develop your baby’s language, thinking, social, emotional and motor skills as you appear and disappear. It’s a lot of fun and helps you bond with each other too!
- Play with sounds: play music, sing songs, ring bells or fill containers with different items – this can help develop your baby’s hearing and movement.
- Play with shape and texture: use objects of different sizes, colours and shapes – this can get your baby reaching and grasping.
Little Kingdom Childcare offers exemplary quality education and care in the Sydney CBD and Georges Hall. With stimulating play spaces, child-led learning, healthy nutrition and the most passionate and experienced educators, we truly become an extension of your family.
To book a personalised tour of our centres please click here